Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Big Hit

We're back from an incredible trip to Kentucky. Cora was AWESOME on the road! She is such a good baby. I knew she liked car rides, but I wasn't sure how she was going to do on a five hour one. She was absolutely great. We stopped a few times for diaper changes, of course. I felt sorry for her as her little bum was wrinkled from her diaper and being wedged in her car seat. She didn't seem to care, though.

Friday night, we attended the wedding rehearsal, Geron, me, Granny and Cora. Cora wasn't extremely happy about not being part of the wedding(HA!)--she made her presence known. SHe cried for awhile, but really wasn't bad. We got to introduce her to a lot of college friends, (of whom it was really great to see, by the way.) At the rehearsal dinner we played a round of Hot Potato with Cora being the potato.

Saturday was a very long day. Geron left early to do guy wedding party stuff. Granny came and took Cora to her house while I went shoe shopping. Then, I joined them and Grandpa at the house. Little miss spent the whole day with Granny, Grandpa, Annie and Uncle Daniel while her daddy and I were at the wedding. It was a very beautiful event--very happy for Ben and Rebekah--. I left G-town at 12:45. The wedding started at 3. I made the first call around 2:30. The next call I made right after the wedding, about 4 ish. We went to the reception and I sat in view of a very newborn baby. Noone told me how hard it was going to be being away from my baby for so long. I tried to enjoy myself at the reception, but I missed Cora too much. I did enjoy watching people dance, but called the parents several times to check on the girl. WE finally got back to Mom's house around 9. Cora had done well.

Sunday we went to Georgetown Baptist. MOm and Dad were proud to show their grandbaby off. They were in the choir loft during the service. Their eyes were pretty much on Cora until near the end of the service when I had to take her out because her diaper wreaked. At that point a certain someone fell asleep, but I won't give names. We hit the Plum Tree after church and Cora got to meet some wonderful family and "pretend family". Libby, who is the closest living person to my Granny, got to hold Cora. And Dexter and Cora seemed to hit it off, too. She also met Laura Rose and Andrea Campbell, my pretend Christmas Eve family.

Sunday night we drove to Richmond and Cora met many friends from First Baptist, along with visiting with Aunt Holly and Uncle Jeff briefly. She was bummed she didn't get to spend more time with them, but she's looking forward to possibly seeing AUnt Holly again really soon. We spent the night with "Nana Pam" and Roger and visited with Mel, John and Ethan, too. Cora really enjoyed Ethan holding her.

MOnday we made a trip to Nashville to meet Uncle Sean. Cora modeled for him and he took some EXCELLENT pictures of her. I don't know how to say this so it doesn't sound like an insult, but I would hire him any day to do pictures of her over any professional photographer. IF we get some pics, I'll try to post some so you can see what I'm talking about. ANyway, Cora loves her uncle Sean.

Tuesday we made our way back home. We are exhausted! Cora's first road trip was a successful adventure. She thinks she might be up for a trip to Louisiana at Thanksgiving if her mom and dad are up for it.

We all enjoyed visiting with good friends and family this week. We love you!


Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I'm glad you had fun and that she didn't get fussy on the long car ride!

Love ya big bunches!